ID# 428, (1809 - 1879)
- Father: Gideon Dyer Cobb4,5,6 b. 11 Sep 1773, d. 1 Mar 1834
- Mother: Modena Chittenden Clark5,6 b. 4 Oct 1779, d. 7 Oct 1837
- Born: 19 Apr 1809 in Eddyville, Livingston Co., Kentucky.5,3,4
- Married First: Julia Ann Mims 23 Jun 1835 in Eddyville, Caldwell Co., Kentucky.1,7,8
- Married Second: Marina Turner Bryan 18 Jan 1843 in Clarksville, Montgomery Co., Tennessee.2,9,10
- Died: 7 Apr 1879 in temporary County Court House (Baptist Church), Clarksville, Montgomery Co., Tennessee.11,3,12
- Buried: in City Cemetery, Clarksville, Montgomery Co., Tennessee.13
Children with Julia Ann Mims:
Children with Marina Turner Bryan:
- Edwin Bell Cobb3,14,16 b. 29 Oct 1843, d. 10 May 1863
- Mary Aurelle Cobb17,3,14 b. 28 Nov 1844, d. 4 Nov 1869
- Marina Modena Cobb3,18,14 b. 12 Mar 1846, d. 12 Nov 1898
- Virginia D. Cobb10,14,19 b. 20 Jun 1847, d. 11 Nov 1921
- Sallie West Cobb3,14,20 b. 11 Apr 1849, d. 29 Sep 1922
- Gideon Clark Cobb3,21 b. abt 1851, d. 19 Dec 1860
- 100 East Market Street, Princeton, Kentucky County Courthouse Marriage Records, loose papers.
- 350 Padget Lane, Clarksville, Tennessee Montgomery County Archives Marriage Register.
- "Death of Dr. Cobb." The Chronicle. Clarksville, Tennessee, 12 Apr 1879.
- U.S. Military Academy, Cadet Application Papers. Micropublication micropublication M688, roll 55, cadet 1828 #149. Washington, DC, National Archives and Records Administration.
- Judith Kilbury-Cobb. "RE: Cobb Ancestry." E-mail message. 15 Jun 2001.
- The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography, being the History of the United States as Illustrated in the Lives of the Founders, Builders, and Defenders of the Republic.... Vol III. New York: James T. White & Company, 1900.
- 100 East Market Street, Princeton, Kentucky County Courthouse Marriage Bonds, Book A.
- "Sudden Death of Dr. Joshua Cobb While Discharging His Duty as a Member of County Court, at the Court House, Yesterday." The Courier-Journal. Louisville, Kentucky, 8 Apr 1879.
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file "David and Deborah.GED," 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- "Death of Mrs. Cobb." Semi-Weekly Tobacco Leaf. Clarksville, Tennessee, 9 Dec 1890.
- 350 Padget Lane, Clarksville, Tennessee, County Court Minutes Book, Montgomery County Archives.
- "Quarterly Meeting of the County Court." The Chronicle. Clarksville, Tennessee, 12 Apr 1879.
- Clarksville, Tennessee. Riverside Cemetery. Dr. Joshua Cobb grave marker.
- Tennessee. Stewart Co.. 1850 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication M432-896. Washington: National Archives.
- Eddyville, Kentucky. Eddyville Cemetery. Julia Ann Cobb and daughter Ione grave marker.
- Tennessee. Montgomery Co.. 1860 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication M653-1266. Washington: National Archives.
- Clarksville, Tennessee. Riverside Cemetery. Mary Aurrelia Tabscott grave marker.
- Presidents, Soldiers, Statesmen, Giving the Lives of the Presidents, with Portraits and Autographs, Sketches of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence.... Vol II. New York, Toledo, and Chicago: H. H. Hardesty, 1895.
- Jennie Cobb Williams, Certificate of Death, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Sallie West Stewart, Certificate of Death, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Patty Davis. Folk Finders: Tombstone Transcriptions and Old News. Online <http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~nightshade/…>.