ID# 1042, (1779 - 1837)
- Father: Gen. Isaac Clark2,4 b. 5 Oct 1748, d. 31 Jan 1822
- Mother: Hannah Chittenden2 b. 13 Jul 1756, d. 8 Sep 1789
- Born: 4 Oct 1779 in Ira, Vermont.2,5
- Married: Gideon Dyer Cobb abt 1796 in Castleton, Vermont.6,3
- Died: 7 Oct 1837 in Caldwell Co., Kentucky.5
- Buried: in Riverview Cemetery, Eddyville, Kentucky.5
Children with Gideon Dyer Cobb:
- Caleb Clark Cobb7,6 b. 25 Dec 1797, d. 19 Nov 1867
- Robert Livingston Cobb7,8 b. 6 Oct 1805, d. abt 1873
- Mary Willard Cobb7,9 b. 6 Jul 1807, d. Dec 1878
- Dr. Joshua Cobb7,4 b. 19 Apr 1809, d. 7 Apr 1879
- Hannah Chittenden Cobb7 b. 17 Dec 1811, d. 16 Feb 1841
- Persis Clark Cobb7,10 b. 23 Nov 1815, d. bef 1869
- Gideon Dyer Cobb Jr.7,10 b. 3 May 1817, d. 10 Dec 1871
- Aurelia Skinner Cobb7,11,12 b. 17 Oct 1819, d. 10 Mar 1910
- Giles Lyon Cobb7 b. 5 Dec 1820, d. 4 Oct 1867
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file David and Deborah.GED, 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- Ira, Rutland Co., Vermont, Town Records, Town Clerk.
- Chittenden Lyon, letter 5 Apr 1828, to James Witherell. Published by Andrew N. Adams, A History of the Town of Fair Haven, Vermont (Fair Haven, Leonard and Phelps, Printers:1870) pp 424-5, found online on Pat Oliver's Caldwell County Website, at. <http://fly.hiwaay.net/~woliver/Old_Lyon_letter.html
- The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography, being the History of the United States as Illustrated in the Lives of the Founders, Builders, and Defenders of the Republic, and of the Men and Women Who are Doing the Work and Moulding the Thought of the Present Time. Vol III. New York: James T. White & Company, 1900.
- Eddyville, Kentucky. Eddyville Cemetery. Modena Cobb grave marker.
- Ruth Garrett Cobb. Typescript "The Cobb-Garrett Family History". 1964.
- Judith Kilbury-Cobb. "RE: Cobb Ancestry." E-mail message. 15 Jun 2001.
- William Elsey Connelley and E. M. Coulter. History of Kentucky. 5 vols.. Chicago and New York: American Historical Society, 1922.
- Mary W. Clark, Register of Deaths, Caldwell Co.
- Crittenden Co. Deeds. County Courthouse. 107 S. Main St., Marion, Kentucky.
- Thomas W. Westerfield, editor. Kentucky Genealogy and Biography, vol. IV, Sketches from Caldwell, Crittenden, Hopkins, Livingston. Logan, Lyon, Simpson, Union, and Webster Counties. Owensboro, Kentucky: Genealogical Reference Company, 1972.
- Inez Kirkpatrick Eishen. Genealogy report "Descendants of William Bradford". Copy held by author, Boone, North Carolina.