ID# 426, (1840 - 1895)
- Father: Dr. Joshua Cobb5,6,3 b. 19 Apr 1809, d. 7 Apr 1879
- Mother: Julia Ann Mims5,2,7 b. 7 Jul 1812, d. 11 Sep 1841
- Born: 5 Mar 1840 in Cumberland Iron Works, Stewart Co., Tennessee.1,3,8,9
- Married: Virginia Adelaide Tuck 3 Jan 1877 in Shelby Co., Tennessee.10,9,11
- Died: 2 Jun 1895 in Clarksville, Montgomery Co., Tennessee.9,1,8
- Buried: 4 Jun 1895 in Greenwood Cemetery, Clarksville, Tennessee.8,12
Children with Virginia Adelaide Tuck:
- Transactions of the American Society of Civil Engineers. Vol. XXXVI. New York: the society, 1897,. [Dec 1896]
- "Sudden Death of Dr. Joshua Cobb While Discharging His Duty as a Member of County Court, at the Court House, Yesterday." The Courier-Journal. Louisville, Kentucky, 8 Apr 1879.
- Tennessee. Stewart Co.. 1850 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication M432-896. Washington: National Archives.
- Arkansas. Pulaski Co.. 1880 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication T9-54. Washington: National Archives.
- "Death of Dr. Cobb." The Chronicle. Clarksville, Tennessee, 12 Apr 1879.
- "Death of Mrs. Cobb." Semi-Weekly Tobacco Leaf. Clarksville, Tennessee, 9 Dec 1890.
- W. P. Titus, Picturesque Clarksville, Past and Present - A History of the City of Hills. Clarksville, Tennessee: n.pub., 1887: reprint by Ann E. Alley and Ursula S. Beach, 1973.
- Clarksville, Tennessee. Greenwood Cemetery. R. L. Cobb grave marker.
- "Capt. R. L. Cobb Dead." Daily Tobacco Leaf. Clarksville, Tennessee, 3 Jun 1895.
- Shelby County Register of Deeds. Marriage bond. Robert L. Cobb and Jennie A. Tuck.
- Virginia Adelaide (Tuck) Cobb, silver serving piece with twelve small spoons. Currently held by Nancy Fenker Reigel, Boone, North Carolina.
- "Springfield, Ohio Directories, 1890-94." Online Ancestry.com.
- "Local News." Semi-Weekly Tobacco Leaf. Clarksville, Tennessee, 4 May 1886.
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file "David and Deborah.GED," 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- Robt L. Cobb Jr., Record of Births in Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.
- Dr. Robert Linah Cobb, Certificate of Death, State of Tennessee Department of Public Health.