ID# 17651, (1793 - )
|Father||Elkanah Cobb1,2 (21 Jan 1746/47 - 10 Aug 1795)|
|Mother||Mary Willard1,2 (abt 1749 - 1 Aug 1842)|
Spouse: Zadock Remington (27 Nov 1789 - Aug 1830)
|Charts||Descendants of Gideon Cobb|
|Ancestry||The Cobbs of Pawlet, Vermont|
Narrative:Sophia Cobb was born on 15 Oct 1793 in Wells, Vermont.3,4 She was probably one of the two females under age 10 listed in the household of her mother, Mary Willard, in the 1800 Federal Census of Pawlet, Rutland Co., Vermont.5 She married Zadock Remington son of Zadock Remington, her mother's second husband, and his third wife, Anne Clark.2
She was probably the female age 16 to 26 listed in the household of her husband, Zadock Remington, in the 1820 Federal Census of Castleton, Rutland Co., Vermont, even though she was actually 27.6
She was probably the female age 30 to 40 appearing on the 1830 Federal Census of Rutland Co., Vermont, in the household of Zadock Remington, her husband's father. Her husband, the younger Zadock Remington, and their sons, Elkanah and John, also appears to have been in the household.7
- [S2395] Wells Land Records, C:233-4, births 1793-1795.
- [S1171] Hollister, Pawlet for One Hundred Years, pg 261.
- [S2395] Wells Land Records, C:233-4, births 1793-1795, shows date and town.
- [S1171] Hollister, Pawlet for One Hundred Years, pg 261, shows her as youngest daughter.
- [S1777] Mary Cobb household, 1800 U.S. Census, Rutland Co., Vermont.
- [S2632] Zadoc Remington Junr household, 1820 U.S. Census, Rutland Co., Vermont.
- [S2196] Zadock Remington household, 1830 U.S. Census, Rutland Co., Vermont.
- [S3427] General Index to Vital Records of Vermont, death card for John H. Remington, from FHL #540136, shows mother's maiden name as Mary.