ID# 17338, ( - 1841)
|Father||Dr. Joshua Cobb2 (19 Apr 1809 - 7 Apr 1879)|
|Mother||Julia Ann Mims2 (7 Jul 1812 - 11 Sep 1841)|
|Charts||Descendants of Gideon Cobb|
Descendants of Linah and Rebeccah (Davis) Mims
|Ancestry||The Cobbs of Pawlet, Vermont|
The Linah Mims - Rebecca Davis Family
Narrative:She probably moved to Stewart Co., Tennessee, with her parents about 1837.4,5,6 She might have been one of the two females under age 5 listed in the household of her father, Dr. Joshua Cobb, in the 1840 Federal Census of Stewart Co., Tennessee.7
Ione died on 6 Sep 1841.1 She was buried in Riverview Cemetery, Eddyville, Caldwell Co., Kentucky, in the Cobb family plot, with her mother, Julia Ann Mims.3
- [S1998] Julia Ann Cobb and daughter Ione grave marker, Eddyville Cemetery.
- [S1998] Julia Ann Cobb and daughter Ione grave marker, Eddyville Cemetery, shows Ione as youngest daughter of Dr. J & J A Cobb.
- [S1998] Julia Ann Cobb and daughter Ione grave marker, Eddyville Cemetery, shows both Julia and Ione.
- [S1015] "Death of Dr. Cobb," The Chronicle, 12 Apr 1879, shows he moved to the Cumberland Iron Works about 1837.
- [S645] Titus, Picturesque Clarksville, pg 266, shows he became resident physician at the iron works.
- [S1288] Beach, Along the Warioto, pg 132, shows he served as physician to Cumberland Iron Works.
- [S634] Joshua Cobb household, 1840 U.S. Census, Steward Co., Tennessee.