Quintus C. Atkinson1,2,3
ID# 1854, (abt 1810 - 1864)
- Born: abt 1810 in Clarksville, Montgomery Co., Tennessee.5,2
- Married First: Arabella C. West 17 Dec 1835 in Dickson Co., Tennessee.6,7
- Married Second: Sarah Elizabeth Tuck.8,9,2
- Died: 7 Nov 1864 in probably, Chicago, Illinois.10,11,12
- Buried: 10 Feb 1865 in Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis, Tennessee.13,14
- Alethea Jane Macon, compiler, John and Edward Tuck of Halifax County, Virginia and Some of Their Descendants. Macon, Georgia: Southern Press, 1964.
- Tennessee. Shelby Co.. 1850 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication M432-895. Washington: National Archives.
- Shelby Co. Wills. Shelby County Archives. 150 Washington Ave., Memphis, Tennessee.
- Rhoda Taylor Fone, "Thomas Walton Atkinson", typescript.
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file "David and Deborah.GED," 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- Tennessee State Library and Archives. Marriage bond. Q. C. Atkinson and Arabela C. West.
- "Married." National Banner and Nashville Whig. Nashville, Tennessee, 23 Dec 1835.
- 824 S. Dudley St., Memphis, Tennessee. Elmwood Cemetery. Q. C. & Sarah E. Atkinson family monument.
- "Died - Atkinson." The Daily Appeal. Memphis, Tennessee, 3 Nov 1882.
- Elmwood: Charter, Rules, Regulations and By-Laws. Memphis: Boyle & Chapman Printers, 1874.
- Malcolm McNeil et al v. J. C. Mills and R. A Young. 403 Seventh Ave. North, Nashville, Tennessee. Tennessee State Library and Archives, transcript of proceedings of Circuit Court of Shelby Co.
- 403 Seventh Ave. North, Nashville, Tennessee, Tennessee State Library and Archives. Shelby Co. Tennessee loose probate records. 1864 folder 4, Q. C. Atkinson.
- Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis, Tennessee, burial records.
- Jorja Frazier. "RE: Elmwood Cemetery - Atkinson - Bacon records." E-mail message. 11 Sep 2007.
- Jonathan Kennon Thompson Smith, Genealogical Abstracts from Reported Deaths, The Nashville Christian Advocate. 11 vols.. Jackson, Tennessee: published by the author, 2002.