ID# 2243, (1778 - 1801)
|Father||Ebenezer Cobb4,5 (16 Mar 1748/49 - 1 Jul 1826)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Lathrop4,5 (bt 26 Jan 1755 - 1756 - )|
|Charts||Descendants of Gideon Cobb|
|Ancestry||The Cobbs of Pawlet, Vermont|
Narrative:Clarcy Cobb was born on 26 Aug 1778.6,7 She moved to Pawlet, Vermont, with her parents, Ebenezer Cobb and Elizabeth Lathrop, by 1780.8,9,10 She was probably one of the five females listed in the household of her father, Ebenezer Cobb, in the 1790 Federal Census of Pawlet, Rutland Co., Vermont.11
Clarcy married Isaac Tracy, son of Hezekiah Tracy and Eunice Rude, on 23 Feb 1795 in Pawlet, Vermont, with Gideon Adams, Esq., officiating.5
She was probably the female age 16 to 25 listed in the household of her husband, Isaac Tracy, in the 1800 Federal Census of Shelburne, Chittenden Co., Vermont.12
Clarcy died on 8 Feb 1801 in Shelburne, Vermont, at age 22.5
- [S862] Births, Marriages and Deaths, Pawlet, Vermont, 1768-1856, pg 32 and repeated pg 81, shows name as Clarcy Cobb.
- [S2533] Rodgers, "Affidavit", shows name as Clara Cobb.
- [S2607] Cleveland and Cleveland, Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families, vol 1 pg 44, shows name as Clarissa Cobb.
- [S862] Births, Marriages and Deaths, Pawlet, Vermont, 1768-1856, pg 32 and repeated pg 81.
- [S2533] Rodgers, "Affidavit."
- [S862] Births, Marriages and Deaths, Pawlet, Vermont, 1768-1856, pg 32, and repeated pg 81, shows date. Does not indicate the birth took place elsewhere.
- [S2533] Rodgers, "Affidavit", shows date, town, as Stillwater, and state.
- [S1171] Hollister, Pawlet for One Hundred Years, pg 178, shows Gideon was one of the earliest settlers from Connecticut; pg 40 shows he was a selectman in 1780; pg 39 shows John was a constable in 1780; and pg 179, shows Elkanah moved from Connecticut in 1770 [so apparently he and his wife returned there after their time in Saratoga and Connecticut].
- [S862] Births, Marriages and Deaths, Pawlet, Vermont, 1768-1856, pg 5, shows Elkanah's son Willard was born in Pawlet 17 Mar 1781; pg 32 shows Ebenezer's son Darick was born in Pawlet 11 Mar 1780; and pg 85 shows Joshua was married in Pawlet 17 Sep 1781.
- [S2267] Pawlet Land Records, 1:266-7, John Fassett, commissioner for the state of confiscated land to Ebenezer Cobb of Stillwater, Albany Co., New York, dated 9 Nov 1779; 1:69-70, John Clark to John Cobb of Canterbury, Windham Co., Conicticut [sic], dated 9 Nov 1778; 1:171, Peter Van Baurer to Joshua Cobb of Stillwater, Albany Co. dated 4 Feb 1780; 1:271-2, Joel Simonds to Joshua Cobb of Pawlett, dated 19 Sep 1781; 1:275-6, Ebenazer Cobb of Pawlett to Joshua Cobb of Pawlett, dated 20 Sep 1781; 2:37, Benjamin Petton to Elkanah Cobb of Pawlett, dated 18 Dec 1783; and 2:65, Nathan Niles to John Cobb of Pawlett, dated 27 Oct 1784.
- [S580] Ebenezer Cobb household, 1790 U.S. Census, Rutland Co., Vermont.
- [S2535] Isaac Tracy household, 1800 U.S. Census, Chittenden Co., Vermont.