ID# 10170, (1791 - 1872)
|Father||Thomas Lathrop1,2 (13 May 1745 - 20 Mar 1826)|
|Mother||Wealthy Ann Cobb1,2 (2 Oct 1753 - 22 Sep 1827)|
|Charts||Descendants of Gideon Cobb|
|Ancestry||The Cobbs of Pawlet, Vermont|
Narrative:Nancy Lathrop was born on 23 Nov 1791 in Vermont.3,4 She was probably the female under age 10 listed in the household of her father, Thomas Lathrop, in the 1800 Federal Census of Shelburne, Chittenden Co., Vermont.6
A Chauncey R. Johnson placed an ad in the Vermont Centinel on 27 Oct 1809 announcing that he had taken over the stall previously occupied by Moses Jewett, on the north side of Court House Square in Burlington, Vermont, and was now offering saddles and other leather goods for sale. This may well have been the Chauncey Johnson who married Nancy Lathrop.7
Nancy married Chauncey Johnson in Burlington, Vermont.1
No trace of Nancy and her husband have been found after their marriage, so we so not know where they lived. Apparently after his death she moved to Palmyra, New York, where her sister Mary was living with her son. Nancy appeared on the 1870 Federal Census of Palmyra, Wayne Co., New York, in the household of Thomas Lathrop Root and Mary Sophia Gordon, her sister Mary's son and his wife.8
Nancy died on 8 Jul 1872 at age 80.5 She was buried in Palmyra Village Cemetery, Palmyra, Wayne Co., New York.5
- [S2452] Huntington, Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family, pg 148.
- [S2607] Cleveland and Cleveland, Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families, vol 1 pg 44.
- [S2452] Huntington, Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop Family, pg 148, shows date.
- [S2656] Thos Root household, 1870 U.S. Census, Wayne Co., New York, shows age 76 and state.
- [S2660] "Palmyra Village Cemetery Update."
- [S2500] Thomas Lathrop household, 1800 U.S. Census, Chittenden Co., Vermont.
- [S2699] "Saddle & Harnness Making," Vermont Centinel, 27 Oct 1809.
- [S2656] Thos Root household, 1870 U.S. Census, Wayne Co., New York.