This is the Family History Section of our website, where we share the stories of those of our ancestors, cousins, and close associates about whom we have enough information to create hopefully interesting narratives. This section is limited to a few family lines for which we feel our research has reached the point where it is ready to share with others. It is intended for readers who are interested in learning more about the people in those family lines.
Family Lines Included in This Section:
You can examine each family line using the links below. For each family, there is an index to everyone we have incuded in the family and an introductory page which provides background on the family and contains links to key people and to charts and maps pertaining to the family.
- The Gapsch family of St. Louis, Missouri, and the Pacific Northwest.
- The Glabe family of Tazewell Co. and Peoria, Illinois, and points west.
- The Reigel family of Northumberland Co., Pennsylvania, and their descendants who scattered across the country.
- The Cobb family of Pawlet, Vermont, Kentucky, and Indiana, and their descendants.
- The Linah Mims/Rebeccah Davis family of Greenbrier, Virginia, and central Kentucky, and their descendants.
- The Dutt/Toot family of Württemberg, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- The Tuck family of Halifax Co., Virginia, and Christian Co. Kentucky, and their descendants.
Others will be added as they are ready. Our ancestors, and their siblings, can be distinguished from the many other people on the site by the icons that appear on the indexes and in the text. See the Legend for details.
Browsing the Entire Family History Section:
If you prefer, you can browse this section using the section-wide index at the left. You can also use the Search Function, which allows you to search by name, and to specify birth and/or death dates, spouses, and parents if you like.
Or, you may choose to use the Site-wide Search Function to search our entire ReigelRidge site for names, places or other key words. It covers our Special Resources section as well as this section and our Family Tree Section, which is described below.
Our Family Tree Section
Many more people are included in our Family Tree Section, which includes only basic information about other lines we are working on. That section may be more helpful if you are trying to see if we have information on people of interest to you. If you don't find those you are looking for here, try that section.
We are eager to exchange information and receive corrections. If you find anyone of interest, we urge you to use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page you want to refer to.