This is the Narrative Section of our family history website. This section is limited to a few family lines for which we feel our research has reached the point where it is ready to share with others. It is intended for readers who are interested in learning more about the people in those family lines.
You can browse this section using the site-wide index at the left, or examine specific lines using the links below. For each family, there is an index to everyone in the family and an introductory page which provides background on the family and contains links to key people and to charts and maps pertaining to the family. Or, you can use the Search Function to search our entire ReigelRidge site for names, places or other key words if you prefer.
Family Lines Included in This Section:
- The Gapsch family of St. Louis, Missouri, and the Pacific Northwest.
- The Glabe family of Tazewell Co. and Peoria, Illinois, and points west.
- The Cobb family of Pawlet, Vermont, Kentucky, and Indiana, and their descendants.
- The Linah Mims/Rebeccah Davis family of Greenbrier, Virginia, and central Kentucky, and their descendants.
- The Toot and Tuck families of Halifax Co., Virginia, and Christian Co. Kentucky, and their descendants.
Others will be added as they are ready. Our ancestors, and their siblings, can be distinguished from the many other people on the site by the icons that appear on the indexes and in the text. See the Legend for details.
Our Outline Section
Many more people are included in our Outline Section, which includes only basic information about other lines we are working on. That section may be more helpful if you are trying to see if we have information on people of interest to you. If you don't find those you are looking for here, try that section.
We are eager to exchange information and receive corrections. If you find anyone of interest, we urge you to use the “Contact Us” links you will find throughout the site to learn more about what we have.