ID# 500, (1786 - 1835)
- Born: 23 Feb 1786 in Martin Co., North Carolina.2,5,6
- Married: Elizabeth Ann Averett in 1804.4
- Died: 7 May 1835 in Montgomery Co., Tennessee.2
Children with Elizabeth Ann Averett:
- "Death of Mrs. Cobb." Semi-Weekly Tobacco Leaf. Clarksville, Tennessee, 9 Dec 1890.
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Online <http://bioguide.congress.gov/biosearch/biosearch.asp>.
- W. P. Titus, Picturesque Clarksville, Past and Present - A History of the City of Hills. Clarksville, Tennessee: n.pub., 1887: reprint by Ann E. Alley and Ursula S. Beach, 1973.
- Frederick A. Varkus, editor, The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, First Families of America. 7 vols. Chicago: n.pub., 1925-1942. Reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1968.
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file "David and Deborah.GED," 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- Tennessee. Montgomery Co.. 1880 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication T9-1273. Washington: National Archives.
- Pat Swain. "Re: Terry." E-mail message. 25 Jul 2008.
- The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography, being the History of the United States as Illustrated in the Lives of the Founders, Builders, and Defenders of the Republic.... Vol III. New York: James T. White & Company, 1900.