ID# 1851, (abt 1636 - 1708)
- Born: abt 1636 in Nansemond Co., Virginia.1,6
- Married First: Doodes Minor in 1668.7,8,6
- Married Second: Maurice Cocke aft 1694.9,4,2
- Married Third: James Blaise abt Apr 1699.2,10,6,8,9
- Died: in 1708 in Middlesex Co., Virginia.11,2
- Note: Several older genealogies show Elizabeth as the daughter of Maurice Cocke, or in some, his father Nicholas. This error continues to be shown in many current sources, especially on the Internet, despite having been disproved over a century ago. That Maurice was Elizabeth's second husband is well documented.
More recently, the immigrant Peter Mountague has been shown as her father, as I do here. There is considerable evidence suggestive of this, but none that I have seen that is conclusive. So I consider this link as the "most likely" candidate. I would be happy to correspond with others interested in examining the accuracy of this or any alternate claim.
- Elizabeth Minor7,4,6,8 b. say 1668, d. bef Sep 1691
- Minor Minor12,6,8 b. 1670, d. 30 Nov 1716
- William Minor11,12,7,6,8 b. 1675
- Garrett Minor13,12,4 b. Mar 1679, d. 2 Feb 1720/21
- John Minor7,6,8,13 b. 1680
- Peter Minor13,9,8 b. 1683
- Albert Edward Montague, compiler, The Geneology of Peter Montague, 1621 to 1894 and Robert R. Montague, 1894 to 1968. N.p.: n.pub., 1968.
- Darrett B. Rutman and Anita H. Rutman, A Place in Time - Middlesex County, Virginia 1650-1750. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1984.
- Virginia M Meyer, editor, Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia 1607-1624/5. Richmond: Order of First Families of Virginia, 1607-1624/5, 1987.
- Ruth Trickey Sparacio and Sam Sparacio, compilers and editors, Pamunkey Neighbors of Orange County, Virginia. Baltimore: Gateway Press, Inc., 1985.
- Myrtle Stevens Hyde. "The English Origin of Peter and Richard Montague." The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. Volume CXLII (April 1988).
- Lauretta (Trickey) Corkill, Eldon Corkill, Ruth (Trickey) Sparacio and Sam Sparacio, compilers, A Supplement to Pamunkey Neighbors of Orange County, Virginia. 2 vols. McClean, Virginia: The Antient Press, 1994.
- Nelson Heath Meriwether, The Meriwethers and Their Connections. Columbia, Maryland: The Artcraft Press, 1964. Reprint, Baltimore: Inc Gateway Press, 1991.
- Genealogical Publishing Co., Editor, Genealogies of Virginia Families - From the William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine. 5 volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Inc., 1982.
- Middlesex Co. Deed Books. Library of Virginia. Richmond, Virginia.
- William Lindsay Hopkins, compiler, Middlesex County, Virginia Wills and Inventories 1673-1812 and Other Court Papers. Richmond: W. L. Hopkins, 1989.
- Deborah Anne Cobb Freeman. Family file "David and Deborah.GED," 31 Jul 1998, by e-mail 31 Jul 1998.
- Minor Meriwether, Lineage of the Meriwethers and the Minors from Colonial Times. St. Louis: Nixon-Jones Printing Co., 1895.
- The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Virginia. The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Va. from 1653 to 1812. Revised edition. Richmond: Wm. Ellis Jones Steam Book and Job Printer, 1897. New edition, Easley, South Carolina: Inc. Southern Historical Press, 1988.