ID# 17632, (1791 - 1864)
- Born: 26 Jun 1791 in Pawlet, Vermont.4,6,2
- Married: Roxana Worden 18 Oct 1819 in Rochester, New York.7,4,2
- Died: in Aug 1864 in Rochester, New York.4,5,8
- Buried: 7 Aug 1864 in Mount Hope Cemetery, Rochester, New York.8,9
- Sophia Cobb5 b. abt 1820, d. 6 Feb 1821
- Lucinda B. Cobb10,6 b. Jan 1820, d. Aug 1914
- Glorianna Cobb5,10,11 b. May 1821, d. 28 Feb 1832
- James Dyer Cobb6,3,10 b. 1825, d. 26 Jan 1899
- Margaret Sherill Cobb6,3 b. 1825, d. 19 Nov 1867
- William Henry Cobb6,3,12 b. Apr 1829, d. 23 Oct 1904
- Maria Cobb13,6,3 b. 16 Dec 1830, d. 10 Apr 1919
- Frances Ann Cobb14,6,3 b. 9 Jan 1835, d. 18 Mar 1913
- Janet Muff, Extracts from early Vermont probate records.
- Philip L Cobb, A History of the Cobb Family. Cleveland: n.pub., 1907, 1914, 1915. Reprint, Pawtucket, Rhode Island: Quintin Publications.
- New York. Monroe Co.. 1850 U.S. Census, population schedule. Micropublication M432-528. Washington: National Archives.
- The Michigan Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, Application of Howard Cole Sherman, National no. 40400.
- "Tombstone Inscriptions from Section I of Mt. Hope Cemetery, Rochester, New York." Online GenWeb Monroe County NY.
- Edmund Janes Cleveland and Horace Gillette Cleveland, compilers, The Genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland Families: an Attempt to Trace, in Both the Male and Female lines.... 3 vols.. Hartford, Connecticut: printed for the Subscribers by Case, Lockwod & Brainard Co., 1899.
- "Married." Rochester Telegraph. Rochester, New York, 19 Oct 1819.
- Mount Hope Cemetery, Rochester, New York, burial records.
- Mount Hope Cemetery, Rochester, New York, plot records.
- Warren Kling. "Gideon Cobb (1791-1864), Early Rochester Pioneer, Brickmaker, and Developer of Monroe Avenue." Epitaph: The Friends of Mount Hope Newsletter. Vol 21, no. 1 (Winter, 2001).
- GenWeb Monroe County New York. Online <http://mcnygenealogy.com>.
- New York. Monroe Co. 1855 New York State Census. New York State Archives Albany, New York.
- Maria Cobb Hall, Certificate of Death, Missouri State Board of Health.
- Francis A. Cole, Transcript of Certificate of Death, Department of State, Division of Vital Statistics State of Michigan.